The maximum capacity of our school is 150 pupils and we are able to admit up to 30 pupils in any one year group. If the number of places in a particular year group at a school is not sufficient to meet the requests of all parents, then the local authority will apply the following criteria (in the rank order shown) to determine how the places will be allocated:
- All ‘looked after’ children
- Children living in the catchment area with siblings at the school
- Children living in the catchment area
- 'Very Exceptional' medical grounds
- Other children with siblings at the school
- Any other children. (On the shortest distance, measured in a straight line, between the school and the child's home address, with those living closer to the school being accorded higher priority.)
Specific admission arrangements
- The school standard number in a year group is 30.
We welcome visits to the school from prospective parents and the Headteacher is always willing to discuss any aspects of school with you. Parents are asked to telephone the school office to make an appointment for a meeting at a mutually convenient date and time. Once you have decided that you wish your child to attend Stondon Lower School, please inform the school office who will guide you through the admissions process.
Further information on how to apply for a school place is available on the Central Bedfordshire Council website at;