We pride ourselves on retaining single-year group teaching, with class sizes ranging from 20 to 30.
The school building is single storey containing a hall/dining room, five well-equipped classrooms, library, a room for small group work, staffroom, administration area and kitchen. The spacious Early Years Foundation Stage classroom has integral wash/toilet facilities and its own large, outside, part-covered, secure play area. From September 2017 we added our own pre-school provision - Pixies Class - with its independent building to one side of the school playground.
The building is surrounded by grassed areas, made interesting by trees and shrubs. Our spacious site also means that we have been able to create a splendid outdoor environment with:
- Outdoor areas that are used throughout the summer for lessons and activities
- Quiet gardens for children and staff
- Vegetable patches, with a designated area for each class
- Lots of playground and playing field space
- Outdoor swimming pool used daily by each class throughout the warm summer months
- Wildlife garden and pond
- The buildings and grounds are fully wheelchair accessible.